February 14, 2010

Your Smile is Your Greatest Asset (in bed)





Instead of celebrating Valentine's Day today, I celebrated Chinese New Year. I guess that is what one does when they have no one to share their love with on the overly commercialized Valentine's Day. Find another reason to go out... Since I hadn't been to the Chinatown in Montreal it seemed like I could kill two birds with one stone (in case you need a recap, the first bird was wading in self pity).

A friend of mine invited me out for dinner with her and a crew of nine people. We had a hard time finding a place to accommodate us since we didn't make a reservation.  When we did finally find a place, we had to wait a few minutes for them to "set our table".  The next thing we know, the host is rolling a huge circular table top down the stairs to make one of the tables bigger. I guess they quite literally meant they had to set our table!

We shared a decent meal and good conversation.  My favorite dish of the night was the fried pea leaves for sure. It probably was the only item we ordered that didn't include any meat. I have to mention that our server was a pro. He seriously cleaned up all our dishes in one go. I have no idea how he could balance all those dishes!! It was nerve racking to watch.  After we finished dinner we went to a Chinese bakery and ordered a whole cake to share. It was a nice finish, to a nice night.

Happy New Year... err, Happy Valentine's Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment