February 15, 2010

Young man, there's no need to feel down

Today I had a hard time getting out of bed.... and it is not even like I have a comfortable bed to stay in all day. Maybe it was from the over consumption of MSG last night?

I made it out of bed in time to have some coffee and toast before heading to the gym. I just started going to the YMCA downtown. It is apparently one of the first YMCA's in Canada. It is a pretty nice place. At first I was overwhelmed by it business, but I have gotten used to it now and really like going. Today I attended a noon hour toning class. Even though you just use light weights, it was hard work. Towards the end of the class my arms were shaking!!!

After the class, I walked to H&M to meet my room mate. I have to say that store is pretty terrible. Everything is such poor quality and unbelievable trendy. Sequins, shoulder pads and stripes seem to be HUGE right now. I didn't see anything I would like to buy. It doesn't help that I am consciously trying not to buy anything brand new and so far I have been pretty successful.

My new pre-loved winter ensemble is as follows: (PHOTO TO FOLLOW)
  • Green Winter Parka ($7.50 from Frixe Prix)
  • Blue Scarf ($2.50 from a different Frixe Prix)
  • Winter Boots ($9.95 from Villages des Valeurs)
  • Burgundy Satchel ($2.00 from this random 2nd hand furniture store nearby)
All that for under $25!!! I am pretty excited about this new goal of not buying anything new. My next attempt is to try and find a pair of second hand jeans.... I have never EVER waded into the pants section. I always just seem to pull out one hideous pair and give up hope.  But the mission is now officially on.

No comments:

Post a Comment