February 15, 2010

We gave away our hearts before we knew what they were



I just have to post about the Basia Bulat show I went and saw on Friday night. It was amazing. I love love love her voice! She played so many good songs from both her new and old albums. She closed the evening off with this really amazing old folk song where she stomps AND claps her hands. I had seen her perform this a few times at Dawson City Music Festival, but it never ceases to impress me. The whole place was dead silent, just completely captivated by her voice. Unfortunately we missed the opening act, Leif Vollebekk. Apparently he is a really good Montreal Artist who is just making it big. I guess I will just have to hope to see him another time.


The venue, L'Astral, was also a really beautiful place. It is right in the area where all the big theaters and museums are.

1 comment:

  1. I saw her last winter at Il Motor... Il Motoro... somewhere or other... yep the clapping bit was great. She's a star in the ascendant, for sure!

    ReplyDelete