April 11, 2010

Underground

Well, most posts (if not ALL posts) to date have been about Montreal on ground level, so just to mix it up how about one about below the city!

Last night I went to an event called "Envol Underground":


It was in an old abandoned tunnel that goes under the Lachine Canal.  It was quite spooky in there. 

First of all, we had to meet at a cafe nearby so we could get directions from the host. We waited in the drizzling rain for about 45 minutes before being lead into a dark tunnel illuminated by tiny little tea lights. It is a good thing that cell phones can work some what like a flash light...


Once inside there was music, video projections, live art/graffitti and fire dancers.  There even was a snack table. Twizzlers? Yes, please!

It was a pretty cool set up, but I was too cold and creeped out by the place to really enjoy it all. We left before midnight, but I am sure that things probably picked up as the night progressed further into the wee hours.

I came across this website about Urban Exploring in Montreal.  Seems like an exciting hobby to have but a bit too sketchy for me, so I think I will just stick to exploring their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment